Resources for returned volunteers
Looking for work?
Are you looking for employment in international or community development? Or local volunteering opportunities now that you have returned home? Wondering how to tell potential employers about your skilled volunteer experience? The links below connect with Australia's biggest job and volunteering platforms.
- LinkedIn Premium - Job market insights and learning resources, free for 30-day trial
- Ethicaljobs.com.au - Australian not-for-profit sector jobs board
- ProBono Australia - Australian not-for-profit sector jobs board
- Impact Pool - UN Agency and INGO jobs board and resources
- Seek.com.au - Career advice section and job board
- GoVolunteer.com.au - Volunteer locally between jobs to keep up your skills, networks and well-being
- JobSeeker - For financial support while job hunting
- Read AVI Chair Kathy Townsend's article on how skilled volunteering can impact your career
- Soft skills - Remember to promote your soft skills when talking to potential employers
- Watch a recording of our How can volunteering impact your career? seminar
We’ve produced resources to help current and past volunteers tell their own personal stories and share the value of international volunteering by harnessing photography, video and social media.