Volunteering in Vietnam
Vietnam is a nation of stunning natural beauty and rich, vibrant culture, featuring ancient temples, lively markets, and a remarkable mix of architecture.
Australia’s economic partnership with Vietnam supports reform through stimulating the private sector, upskilling the workforce, and promoting inclusive growth. Australian Volunteers play a critical role in this process.
Climate change and environmental degradation pose significant risks to Vietnam, which, with much of its population living in low-lying deltas, is particularly vulnerable.
The Australian Volunteers Program is guided by the Australian Government’s Aid Investment Plan for Vietnam as well as retaining the flexibility to respond to emerging priorities. Volunteer assignments focus on:
- enabling and engaging the private sector for development
- assisting the development and employment of a highly skilled workforce
- promoting women’s economic empowerment, including ethnic minorities
- supporting disability inclusive development
- the Health Security Corps initiative
Volunteer placements are located in Can Tho, Danang, Hoi An, Dong Nai, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Quang Binh, Nha Trang and Northwest Mountainous Provinces.