Join the Alumni Representative Team
Join our teams in all States and Territories. We are also looking for new National Indigenous Alumni Representatives across Australia.
Calling all Alumni in all States and Territories!
Have you completed a volunteering assignment (remote or in-country)? Are you keen to voluntarily lead Alumni online and in-person networking activities, encourage online engagement and participate in Australian Volunteers Program activities? If yes, please apply today! We're looking for new members to join our team.
About the Alumni Representative role
This volunteer role is all about community building, networking, and communication. This approach is key to the success of delivering an engaging and relevant program and helping to achieve the Alumni objectives as identified in the Australian Volunteers Program Alumni Strategy 2022 - 2027:
- To support past volunteers to advocate for the program and increase awareness and appreciation of the value of volunteering.
- To provide past volunteers opportunities to increase cultural awareness and maintain connections across countries.
- To provide professional and personal development opportunities to Alumni members.
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please download the Position Description.
Watch a recording of the online Information Session held on Wednesday, 28 September to learn more about the role, the application process and the supports provided.
Watch video below to hear Leela (current NT Alumni Representative) and Meena (past WA Alumni Representative) talk about their experience as Alumni Representatives:
Please note this is a voluntary position without remuneration or an employment contract.
About the National Indigenous Alumni Representative role
We’re seeking new National Indigenous Alumni Representatives to help amplify the voices of Indigenous past volunteers and advise the Australian Volunteers Program on culturally-safe and engaging alumni activities. You can be located anywhere in the country and must be an Indigenous past volunteer.
- For a full outline of the position please download the National Indigenous Alumni Representative Position Description.
- This role closely connects with Indigenous Pathways, an Indigenous-led program within the Australian Volunteers Program.
- Please contact email@example.com for more information on the role.
Please note, this is a voluntary position without remuneration or an employment contract.
There are two-to-three Alumni Representatives in each state and territory so you will be working in a small team with like-minded alumni.
The National Indigenous Alumni Representative roles will be closely supported to help create engaging, culturally safe and accessible activities and opportunities for Indigenous volunteers and the broader Alumni community. These volunteer roles are supported by the Alumni Manager and Alumni Coordinator.
From personal experience, it has been one of the most amazing volunteering opportunities for me over the past few years. I have really enjoyed coordinating events, I have learned lots of new things and met really lovely people.